in association with
UMEÅ HOMEBREWING CHAMPIONSHIP 2023
UPDATE 14/03/23: Due to a busy work schedule, the homebrewing championship 2023 has unfortunately been postponed until a later date.
In 2021 we focused for a whole month on the amazing homebrewers from our area. We were blown away by the high standard of beer we tried and enjoyed meeting everyone so much that in 2022 we decided to hold the first Umeå Homebrewing Championship. We are proud to say we are holding the competition again this year in 2023 with support from Umeå Folkets Hus, Beer Studio and Tapas!
We are inviting all home brewers far and wide, from experienced brewers to newcomers, to enter their beer into the championship. A hand picked selection of judges will deliberate to decide on gold, silver and bronze awards for the best beers entered. The winner of the competition will not only win the gold award, but 2 tickets to an upcoming Umeå Beer Club tasting of their choosing (worth around 800kr and sponsored by Umeå Folkets Hus). Silver and bronze award winners will receive a certificate, plus a prize to be determined at a later date. All three winning beers will be featured on the social media of the companies involved.
To enter, the rules are as followed:
- You must have produced the beer yourself or in a group, using base ingredients (no malt extract or half made beer kits are allowed of course)
- You can use any recipe or equipment you wish
- You can enter as many different beers from the same home brewery as you like
- We request that you send 2 bottles or cans of each beer for judging purposes
- The competition is open to any homebrewer, no matter where you live, as long as you can get the beer to us then you are welcome to enter. The final date that the beer needs to arrive by is Wednesday 22nd March 2023, with the judging to take place shortly after.
- Beer can be hand delivered (we can arrange a time to meet) or posted with the homebrewer responsible for postage fees (contact me for details on where to send the package).
- Please state what style the beer is and please be specific (eg. West Coast IPA, not just IPA)
With each beer you submit, it helps if you can give us as much information as possible such as the recipe, brewing equipment, date of brewing etc. A bit of information about yourself also helps, such a how long you have been brewing and where you are from. This information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 22nd March as well.
We loved interacting with so many enthusiastic beer makers last year, and we are really looking forward to doing so again. If you have questions, feel free to email me at the above address or send me a message over Instagram (@umeabeerclub) or via Facebook (Umeå Beer Club). I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Founder, Umeå Beer Club.
Gold: Grantops Nanobryggeri: pGeuze lambic
Silver: Buzzard Brewing Cecilia Rose 2021 champagne brut IPA
Bronze: Ärlans Bryggeri: Barrique Magique #1 imperial stout